I believe that we are disconnected from each other. That we don't have the same community or access to resources Active Duty families do. I believe that there is a bias from Active Duty families and soldiers toward us and our soldiers. But because of this disconnect, I can't truly speak for anyone else.
In order to better meet the needs of the Reserve community, in order to make posts more on topic, in order to report back to the military family organization at which I work, I need your help.
This is completely open, just comment below. A few ideas/questions to start your thought process:
- What resources are you missing? Do you wish you had?
- How well does your FRG serve you?
- Have you experienced an open bias from Active Duty spouses/soldiers?
- What challenges do you face that you believe are unique to the Reserve community?
- What could the Army do to help you?
- What could a non-profit do to help you?
- Do you feel that you have the resources to help your children during deployment?
- What challenges do you face during reintegration that you think are unique?
- Would you go on post (onto an Army base) to get help?
- Do you feel comfortable going on post?