Friday, May 27, 2011

Wedding Hoopla...

As it says in my header, this blog isn't 100% military. Though I'm a proud military almost-spouse, my fiance is a Reservist. Our lives are not 100% military. And I think the last few posts have been a wee bit negative. So...   let's chat about the other big drama in my life. Wedding planning.

Yes, wedding planning. The very thing that girls do starting at age 5, and guys dread. Do they care about colors and flowers? Not so much...  We're planning cigars after the reception. Fiance's reaction? "You've already covered what I want, I don't have an opinion now, just say yes."  Every girl's dream, right? No. Here's funny thing about me #1:  I have actually never envisioned my wedding day. Never put the pillowcase on my head, or whatever it is girls do. So, I have a few ideas, but for the most part, I'm thinking them up as I go!

Admittedly, this is more fun. I can see cute things, or go to blogs, and there is plenty of room for new ideas in my planning! The only problem...  thing about me #2: I like to be in control. Not in a domineering way, but if I'm planning something, I have to be able to control it, or I slowly lose my sanity. It just crumbles away. The setback in my fiance's training schedule of course made me go crazy. And now, I'm trying to plan, but also HATE asking my parents to spend tons of money. 

But the good news is...   we set our date!  So get ready...  you'll probably get to hear quite about about wedding planning.  If you're lucky, I'll even share some tips with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment