Saturday, May 26, 2012

Final Wedding Post

I figure I have a few more wedding tips to share, so here goes..

Bridesmaid gifts: This was tough for me. If you've followed the blog closely, you know I lost my job a month before the wedding. Clearly, I couldn't do anything super amazing. My mom offered to pay for a mani/pedi party for myself and my bridesmaids (and her of course!) since I hadn't had a bridal shower or bachelorette party... I love my mom : )  When we moved the wedding, it worked in our favor since she has a little nail salon she attends regularly, and they were willing to close shop so we could have a private party and bring in snacks and wine.  While there, I presented the gifts...

Sorry the pictures are small, but I think you can get the idea...  I decided to give the girls something practical that they could reuse, so I thew together a wedding survival bag. 3 of my bridesmaids are in college still and the other travels a lot, so I figured a quality tote bag would get good use. I nervously ordered from JiffyShirt.com (Liberty Bag).. you couldn't beat the price, and the quality sounded pretty good. They arrived quickly, the quality was good, and I would definitely recommend them.  I found someone in town to stitch each girl's initials onto their bag.


I filled the bag with a number of "survival items"...  flip-flops, nail files, a VitaminWater, etc. Then I got each girl a small heart-shaped necklace, and in the cards, I told them they will always be on my heart!  They seemed well-received!

  

Vendors: I can't honestly remember if I mentioned my vendors yet or not, but if you are planning a wedding in Andover, Mass. the Andover Country Club was fantastic! They did such a great job helping me on 12 days notice, and I can only imagine what they could do with full planning time!  Tracey was great!

Now, if you're planning a wedding in Vermont (Vermont brides, listen up!), our vendors were all fantastic!

  • Flowers: Just Weddings (https://www.facebook.com/justweddingsvt) Katharine and Marriam are AMAZING! Seriously can't rave enough! They worked with me to get the budget where I needed it, include my must haves, and help me with ideas. More amazingly, when Hurricane Irene forced the move, they moved with me!! These girls are great, and they know what they're doing!
  • Photographer: Jay Ericson (Jay Ericson Photography) Jay was great. His work is incredible, and I felt completely comfortable having him around... you didn't even notice him! He did offer us a Veteran discount, but his regular prices are a touch below the other photographers are contacted. Be warned, he is extremely busy, so he can be a bit difficult to get in touch with, but he is worth it!
  • Dress: A Trace of Lace Bridal (http://www.atraceoflacebridal.com/) If you are a Vermont bride (or heck, anywhere within driving distance), GO HERE. You will not regret it! The owner Jamie, is super nice, knows her stuff, and makes sure you are happy. The dresses are well priced, and the boutique is super cute! Just don't blink or you might drive right past it!  Jamie encouraged me to try on all types of dresses, even those I didn't think I'd like. Sure enough, I liked one I didn't think I would, which lead us to my dress, which I LOVED. They can also recommend seamstresses in the area, and will store your dress for you. 
Hair and makeup ended up being done by an independent friend of a friend, and the cake was baked by a friend of my mom's. In Vermont, I was set up to use Mountain Cuts for my hair, and I absolutely loved my consult with her. 

I was also meant to have the wedding at the Killington Grand, and again, while I never got the see the final product, the preparations were well-done and fun! We worked with Emily, and she is all about making sure your day is exactly how you want it. Even though we had to cancel, Emily still sent us an adorable wedding gift with Killington mugs and some local food mixes! 

Feel free to post any questions about any wedding DIY or vendors... I hope my few posts help you with your planning!



No comments:

Post a Comment