Thursday, August 29, 2013

Recipe: Grapefruit Sangria! (Paleo-ish)



I have not solved the mysterious failure-to-run bug. In fact, I spent the last two days laying on my couch with some sort of head cold. Which obviously doesn't help the situation at all. 

Ah well, let's focus on fun stuff. Monday night was girls' night. We hopped on match.com, updated a friend's profile, and sent lots of winks on her behalf. Yes, we are wild.  The food for the evening? Well, as host, I can tell you it wasn't wild, but it was delicious! We enjoyed my Paleo Sausage Mushroom balls (recipe here), a yummy tomato, mozzarella, basil, red onion and balsamic salad (am I the only person who can NEVER spell mozzarella properly??), and, my new creation, Grapefruit Sangria! (promptly pronounced delicious and blogable by my friends).

I call it Paleo-ish because of course, alcohol goes in the grey area. And it contains vodka, which is grey as well... but! you can find vodka that is not grain-distilled, AND, you have to enjoy life, right?? What is good about this... NO simple syrup, NO sugar. So whatevs... leave out the vodka. I don't care if  you miss out. 


Grapefruit Sangria

Ingredients

  • 3 Cups grapefruit juice 
  • 1 Cup vodka
  • 1 bottle Riesling (use one that isn't super-sweet)
  • 1/2 Grapefruit
  • 1 orange
  • 1 peach
Mix liquid ingredients together. Chop fruits to desired size and add to pitcher. Let rest in the fridge for at least 4 hours so the flavors blend together. Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. I *just* volunteered to bring sangria to a girl's night in a few weeks. I'll definitely be making this.

    And I pinned it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I hope you love it :)

      I should have mentioned that it makes about 6 servings (stemless wine glass in the picture 3/4 full). You may want to multiply depending on how many you'll have/how much they drink.

      Delete