Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Recipe: Paleo Sautéed Shrimp with Roasted Butterball Potatoes

Cravings. We've all been there. Yup.

Today, I wanted shrimp. I had NO idea what to do with it. So I bought shrimp, brought it home, realized I had some good ingredients hanging around, including the dill plant I'm growing.

Before you panic, rant, scream, or throw something at the computer, I know, I know "potatoes aren't paleo!!!" "And neither are those green beans on your plate!!!" I get it. They are 'grey area' foods. If you don't like them... make the shrimp and skip the potatoes. Even better, cook this and eat it. Period. Yum.


Ingredients
- 1 lb. shrimp
-1 Tbsp. fresh dill
-4 Tbsp. butter (Kerrygold is awesome)
-dash garlic powder
-1/2 lb. green beans
-1/2 lb. German butterball potatoes, diced into bite size pieces
-1/4 yellow onion, chopped into bite-size pieces
-3 cloves garlic, peeled and just barely crushed
-rosemary to taste
-olive oil to coat
-salt and pepper to season
-1 squeeze lemon juice

Preheat oven to 450. Add potatoes, onions, garlic and desired amount of rosemary. Toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Roast for 30 minutes. 

Cook green beans as desired. 

In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add dill, a dash of garlic powder and a dash of salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add shrimp and cook through. Once cooked, squeeze lemon over shrimp. 

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment