Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Recipe: Paleo Stuffed Zucchini Boats

I love zucchini. Grilled, roasted, steamed, whatever. Cook zucchini and I'm there. Why I didn't think to make them my main dish instead of a side before now, I don't know!  I can't wait to make this again in the summer when the zucchinis are a bit bigger.



Paleo Stuffed Zucchini Boats

Ingredients

  • 4 large zucchini 
  • 1 lb. chicken breast (I used thin sliced cutlets to make life a little easier)
  • 1 large tomato
  • 4 oz. black olives
  • 1/2 large onion
  • 3 oz. feta cheese 
  • Seasonings as desired (I used oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper)
  • Olive oil to brush on zucchini


Boil the chicken until cooked. I added oregano and red pepper flakes to the water when I boiled the chicken. When done, drain, and allow to cool until it can be handled.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut the ends off each zucchini, then slice in half lengthwise.  Scoop out a channel in the middle of each zucchini, creating a shallow place for the stuffing. Place on a foil lined cookie sheet. Brush each zucchini with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.

Dice chicken breast, tomato and onion. Slice olives. Add ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Scoop mixture into each zucchini. Don't worry if it overflows!

Roast for 15 minutes, allow to cool, enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment