Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Paleo One-Dish: Shrimp, Broccoli, Red Pepper

So, with the husband gone, I'm a master of cooking for one. Or one plus leftovers!  And, because cooking for one means I do the cooking and the cleanup, I love anything that involves only 1 pot.  So, as I continue this year to eat Paleo (ish) and clean, I'll continue to share my adventures.  I believe this one is actually Paleo..

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
10 medium shrimp, raw (make sure they're thawed and remove the tail, etc.)
1/2 medium yellow onion
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 broccoli crown
Garlic (powder is fine if you don't have fresh)
Red Pepper Flakes

Dice your veggies into bite-sized pieces. Melt 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil in your saucepan over medium heat. Throw in the shrimp and garlic to taste (approx. 1/8-1/4 tsp.) and saute until pink and almost done. Add remaining Coconut Oil (make sure you have enough to coat the veggies, add more if needed) and veggies along with your desired amount of red pepper flakes. Saute until the broccoli is cooked, but still firm.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment